Thursday, January 8, 2009

Welcome!

Hello, my name is Erica Wheeler. I am a 16 year old sophomore at Wayzata High School. At WHS I am in many different activities. Right now I am part of Y.E.S., a volunteer organization, the Spanish club, and I also play rugby. I am taking my core classes this term so I have a very busy schedule.

I really look forward to going to Japan. I have wanted to go for a very long time. My mom has always talked about me and my sister studying abroad to have a unique learning experience and to learn more about the world. I wasn't really into the idea until we started to study Japan in school. I loved how the old culture blended in with the new. The more I learned about Japan the more I fell in love and knew I had to go. When I found out how hard it was to get into the Japan program I was worried, but when I got the call saying I got in I was so happy. I am so excited to be going away!

My family and friends are very supportive of me going away. They have done everything they can to help me be able to go to Japan. I have done a lot to get to go to Japan too. I have gotten another job, babysit often, and help with housework at my grandma's to name a few. 

I know that being a exchange student is a lot of work and responsibility but I also think it will be a lot of fun. I think of being an exchange student is a lot like being an ambassador in your host country but more important. Ambassadors talk to the adults who have a kind of preset opinion that can be hard to change but kid or teens are more willing to except new opinions. I want to be part of changing our world for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment